Dear Mike, here are some funny statements about Engineers. I am an Electrical Engineer and I can relate
to some of them. Maybe you can include them in one of your newsletters or post it on your site.
I believe that other Engineers would enjoy it same as I did.
Thank you for your newsletters and your site. There is so much useful information for us Engineers.
Take care and God bless you.
YOU MIGHT BE AN ENGINEER IF...
- The only jokes you receive are through e-mail.
- At Christmas, it goes without saying that you will be the one to find the burnt-out bulb in the
- Buying flowers for your girlfriend or spending the money to upgrade your RAM is a moral dilemma.
- Everyone else on the Alaskan cruise is on deck peering at the scenery, and you are still on a
personal tour of the engine room.
- In college you thought Spring Break was a metal fatigue failure.
- The salespeople at Circuit City can't answer any of your questions.
- You are always late to meetings.
- You are at an air show and know how fast the skydivers are falling.
- You bought your wife a new CD ROM for her birthday.
- You can quote scenes from any Monty Python movie.
- You can type 70 words a minute but can't read your own handwriting.
- You can't write unless the paper has both horizontal and vertical lines.
- You comment to your wife that her straight hair is nice and parallel.
- You forgot to get a haircut ... for 6 months.
- You go on the rides at Disneyland and sit backwards in the chairs to see how they do the special
- You have Dilbert comics displayed anywhere in your work area.
- You have ever saved the power cord from a broken appliance.
- You have more friends on the Internet than in real life.
- You have never bought any new underwear or socks for yourself since you got married.
- You have used coat hangers and duct tape for something other than hanging coats and taping ducts.
- You know what http:// actually stands for.
- You look forward to Christmas only to put together the kids' toys.
- You own one or more white short-sleeve dress shirts.
- You see a good design and still have to change it.
- You spent more on your calculator than on your wedding ring.
- You still own a slide rule and you know how to work it.
- You think that when people around you yawn, it's because they didn't get enough sleep.
- You wear black socks with white tennis shoes (or vice versa).
- You window shop at Radio Shack.
- You're in the back seat of your car, she's looking wistfully at the moon, and you're trying to
locate a geosynchronous satellite.
- You know what the geosynchronous satellite function is.
- Your checkbook always balances.
- Your laptop computer costs more than your car.
- Your wife hasn't the foggiest idea what you do at work.
- Your wristwatch has more computing power than a 300Mhz Pentium.
- You've already calculated how much you make per second.
- You've ever tried to repair a $5 radio.
From Zvonimir (Bill) Repar, Electrical Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org