Keep the workplace safe from electrical hazards using the 2018 edition of NFPA 70E®.
Make sure everyone goes home at night. New NFPA 70E explicitly states that the first priority must be the elimination of the hazard.
The Standard continues to evolve to address risk assessment and introduces human factors, such as human error, as part of that assessment. Annex Q, Human Performance and Workplace Electrical Safety, is included to provide guidance. NFPA 70Eemphasizes the need to use the hierarchy of risk controls, by moving it from an informational note into the text of the Standard. NFPA 70E now explicitly states that the first priority must be the elimination of the hazard.
Other changes in this edition:
- A modified arc flash hazard identification table [Table 130.7(C)(15)(A)(a)] makes it easier to determine the likelihood that an arc flash could occur.
- Reorganized Article 120 presents the requirements for establishing an electrically safe work condition in a logical order of application of the program.
- Changes to Article 320 introduce voltage thresholds of 100 Vdc specifically for batteries and battery rooms to cover the unique situations in these locations.
- Extensively revised, Article 330 on lasers now focuses on safety-related maintenance issues rather than issues associated with laser use.
- Article 350 introduces an Electrical Safety Authority as a possible authority having jurisdiction for laboratories.
Product Code: 70E18