Flexible Cords and Cables
400.8 Uses Not Permitted
This subsection was revised to read:
Unless specifically permitted in 400.7, flexible cords and cables cannot be used for the following:
Intent: The change clarifies that flexible cords cannot be located above a suspended ceiling. However, wiring within a raised floor is permitted, because this space is not considered a concealed space.
(1) As a substitute for the fixed wiring of a structure
(2) Where run through holes in walls, structural ceilings, suspended ceilings, dropped ceilings, or floors
(3) Where run through doorways, windows, or similar openings
(4) Where attached to building surfaces
(5) Where concealed by walls, floors or ceilings, or located above suspended or dropped ceilings. Figure 400-2
(6) Where installed in raceways, except as otherwise permitted in this Code
( Click on your connection speed to view )
|If you have already been approved for reprint permission, you may right mouse click on the link above and choose "Save Target As ..." or "Save Link As ..." to save the file to your local computer.
|©2005 Mike Holt Enterprises, Inc.