This spiral edition makes the code book much easier to use. The spiral coil allows you to conveniently study by placing the book folded on your desk. It lays flat and you can even put it on a hook in your truck.
Major changes in the 2011 NEC meet consumer demand for alternate energy, green technologies, and IT equipment:
* New Article 694 has first-time requirements for small wind electric systems.
* Revised Article 625 includes updates on safe battery charging for plug-in hybrid vehicles that reduce the risk of explosion.
* Revised Article 705 covers interconnecting generators, windmills, and solar and fuel cells with other power supplies.
* New Article 840 addresses the increased demand for broadband communications systems with requirements for wireless, routers, and wireless disconnects.
New requirements focused on workplace safety include:
* Means to reduce incident energy (240.87)
* Labeling at subpanels to identify feeder supply source (408.4(B))
* Disconnecting means for transformers (450.14)
Bottom line: The 2011 NEC sets a new benchmark for safe electrical design, installation, and inspection.
Product Code: 11SB
Please click here if you prefer the softbound version of this book.