250.110 Fixed Equipment Connected by Permanent Wiring Methods—General.
Exposed metal parts of fixed equipment likely to become energized must be grounded (bonded) to an effective ground-fault current path where the fixed equipment is:
(1) Within 8 ft vertically or 5 ft horizontally of earth or grounded metal objects
(2) Located in a wet or damp location
(3) In electrical contact with metal
(4) In a hazardous (classified) location [Articles 500 through 517]
(5) Supplied by a wiring method that provides an equipment grounding (bonding) conductor of a type specified in 250.118
(6) Supplied by a 277V or 480V circuit
Exception 3: Double-insulated equipment isn't required to be grounded (bonded) to an effective ground-fault current path.
|If you have already been approved for reprint permission, you may right mouse click on the link above and choose "Save Target As ..." or "Save Link As ..." to save the file to your local computer.
|©2005 Mike Holt Enterprises, Inc.