Compliance with the National Electrical Code is a major concern for todayís engineers, designers and electricians. On the one hand, you need to keep job costs down. On the other hand, your electrical projects must meet Code. And if you are an electrical inspector, youíve got to ensure compliance with the Code in a way that is fair, accurate, equitable, and consistent.
The need to understand and accurately apply the NEC is great. How can you make sure you get this right? The answer is Mike Holtís Illustrated Guide to Understanding the National Electrical Code. No other textbook takes you step-by-step through NEC articles like Mikeís authoritative Understanding the National Electrical Code textbooks. What makes this book so effective is the clear writing style, the Authorís Comments, and the amazing detailed full-color illustrations that help you visualize the concepts being discussed. The chapter questions help you test your knowledge as you go.
This book sets the standard in NEC education, and is used extensively throughout the country.
Volume 1 highlights:
- Article 90. Know the purpose and scope of the NEC, and understand how itís arranged so you can quickly find what you need.
- Chapter 1. Become familiar with the general requirements that apply to all installations. Youíll understand NEC terminology, which wiring methods are suitable, and the truth about space requirements.
- Chapter 2. Know the requirements for neutrals, branch circuits, feeders, outside wiring, and services. Youíll obtain competence and confidence in sizing and applying circuit protection. Youíll also understand how grounding and bonding differ, and how to apply the concepts properly in the real world.
- Chapter 3. Donít run afoul of the requirements for conductors, enclosures, fittings, cable assemblies and raceways. Do you know how the rules for EMT differ from those for RMC? What about armored cable? Which conductor is right for the job?
- Chapter 4. Cords, switches, receptacles, panelboards, and lighting are just some of the Chapter 4 topics you must understand to avoid code violations. Donít let Article 430óthe largest of the NEC Articlesóbe a ďmotor mysteryĒ to you. And donít let the rules for generators, transformers, or capacitors continue to confuse you.
This resource has proven itself in the field and in the exam room. And now you can rely on the latest edition to provide you with the rock-solid foundation of NEC knowledge you need to do your job with accuracy and confidence.
Product Code: 14UND1
Practice Questions: 214